Highlights of the Nockberge ski crossing
Stage 1: Katschberg – Innerkrems
The first stage of the Nockberge ski crossing offers a promising taste of the entire ski crossing: the comfortable start with a ski lift, a wonderful route across the mountains with ascents and descents, and finally, carving turns on a prepared slope down to the day’s destination.
- Panoramic views from Aineck
- Powder snow descent from Teuerlnock
- Ascent to Roter Riegel and to Schwarzwand
- Trek via a mountain crest to Zechnerhöhe
- Chance to take breaks at the Neue Bonner Hütte and Blutige Alm Hütte lodges
Stage 2: Innerkrems – Turracher Höhe
This stage is undoubtedly the crowning glory of the Nockberge ski crossing! It leads through the heart of the charming UNESCO Nockberge Biosphere Reserve and distinguishes itself with numerous peaks (one of them is the Königstuhl – at 2,336 m it is the highest point of the entire trail) and two wonderful descents.
- Tri-border area summit, Königsstuhl, peak of the tour
- Panoramic views from Karlnock and Gregerlnock
- Powder snow descent to Pregatscharte
- Idyllic Winkleralm
- Frozen Lake Turracher See
Stage 3: Turracher Höhe – Falkertsee
On the third day, the Nockberge Trail route turns towards the south and the day’s destination is the small ski resort of Falkertsee. A moderate stage, which begins through beautiful winter forests, follows the Nockalm Alpine Road for a short while and later leads along a mountain ridge with wonderful views.
- Panoramic views from Kornock
- Powder snow descent to Winkleralm
- Descent from Pregatscharte to the Nockalm Alpine Road
- Ascent to Steinhöhe and Steinnock
- Lake Falkertsee
Stage 4: Lake Falkertsee – Bad Kleinkirchheim
The worthy end to a great adventure: following the climb up Mount Mallnock, which can be seen from a distance, you make your way through the ski area of St. Oswald down to the inviting thermal spas in Bad Kleinkirchheim. The ideal destination for this incomparable ski tour trail to relax after the efforts of the previous days.
- Panorama at Falkertspitz
- Powder snow descent to the Hundsfeldhütte lodge
- Ascent to Mount Mallnock
- St. Oswald ski area with the chance to take a break
- St. Kathrein and Römerbad thermal spas